When it was announced earlier this year that the Fairview Clinic in Rush City would close, the tight-knit community banded together in an effort to keep their localized healthcare provider.
While things haven't gone precisely to plan, progress has been made. In a release from Fairview, the clinic is now exploring new options for those who need care in the Rush City area despite the clinic being on the path for closure.
“Rush City has hosted us with open arms for 20 years and we value the relationships we have built with patients and families during this time,” said Eric Nelson, president of Fairview’s primary care service line. “When word spread that the clinic would close, we received thoughtful and constructive feedback from community members who expressed just how much they, too, value their relationships with Fairview. We look forward to ongoing conversations with community partners as our presence in Rush City evolves.”
With the feedback Fairview received, the regional healthcare giant plans to place medical support staff in Rush City to "help patients identify their best course of care". Those staff would offer guidance for online care options, or redirect patients to a different clinic or medical center if necessary.
In the mean time, the clinic isn't scheduled to shutter its doors quite yet.
“Because of our desire to engage with the community in the process concerning our future, we have not yet set a date for transitioning our model of care,” said Nelson. “We’ll start inviting patients to see some of the planned features as they become available in the coming weeks.”
Fairview patient travel times would be between 11 and 26 miles to visit other clinics.
The following care providers are scheduled to relocate to other Fairview Clinics this spring or summer:
· Peter Berg, MD, will relocate his practice to Fairview Clinics – North Branch
· Susan Girard, RNC, NP, will relocate her practice to Fairview Clinics – Chisago City
· Michelle Nelson, NP, will relocate her practice to Fairview Clinics – North Branch
· Julie VanEck, MD, will relocate her practice to Fairview Clinics – North Branch
· Jena LaBine, DNP, currently at Fairview Clinics – North Branch, will relocate her practice to Fairview Clinics – Pine City