The Wyoming Fire Department is saying that a Tuesday garage fire may have been caused by a lightning strike.
The fire department was called after heavy smoke was noticed in the attached garage, and by the time responders arrived on the scene, flames began to show along the wall running up to the ceiling.
In a post on social media, the department says they believe that the garage was hit days before the actual fire, and it smoldered in the siding of the attached garage. The Wyoming Fire Department went on to write, "With the heavy electrical storms we have had the past few days, it may be worth your while to take a quick walk around your home and check for any signs of a possible lightning strike."
The fire was quickly contained by responders, and the damage to the garage was minimal.
The Chisago City Fire Department, Forest Lake Fire and Rescue, and Wyoming Police Department also assisted with the fire.