Governor Tim Walz announced today that his restrictions on bars and restaurants will be extended through the holidays and into January as he attempts to slow the spread of COVID-19.
The Governor banned indoor dining, closed gyms, and put a stop to youth sports in November, and that "pause" was set to expire on Friday
During a press conference on Wednesday, December 16, Walz unveiled his updated plan, Executive Order 20-103.
- Elementary schools will be able to choose if they want to hold in-person classes or not. According to the updated Safe Learning Plan, this will be dependent on if they can implement additional mitigation strategies.
- Outdoor dining services can be offered at up to 50% capacity, up to 100 people from 10 p.m. - 4 a.m.
- Gyms and fitness centers will be able to reopen at 25% capacity, up to 100 people.
- Practices for adult and youth sports will be able to resume on January 4
- Outdoor entertainment venues can open at 25%, up to 100 people.
- Indoor entertainment venues will remain closed until at least January 11.
Walz's updated plan is slated to begin after 11:59 p.m. on Friday, December 18.